In this section of Holywell Class Page you will find work set for distance learning. The resources are split by subject and will be updated daily. Any questions, message me on Dojo and I'll do my best to help!
- Read with your children daily and quiz on accelerated reader where possible. If you do not have books at home there are plenty of websites which have a free library of children's books such as Magic Keys and EPIC!
- Practice reading skills using Read Theory
- Audible has released hundreds of childrens books to listen to for free if you follow this link
- Practice the spellings which are applicable to your child's age range from the spelling list below. We find the Look, say, cover, write, check method to be effective, however you can find lots of additional advice here. Also use Spelling Shed
- Use the writing prompts (the pdf is below) to do some creative writing and poetry
- Play games on Top Marks
- Anchor Education has lots of exciting songs teaching all of the grammar curriculum
History and Geography
- Science sparks is full of experiments that are easy to do at home
- Science Kids has lots of games, resources and experiments
- EPIC has lots of non-fiction books covering science topics that you are able to read online
- 10 pieces is a scheme by the BBC giving children the opportunity to learn all about different styles of music. There are videos and resources to go with each piece of music.
- Below I have posted the PDF of activities around this half term's value of forgiveness.
- The PE Shed have lots of youtube videos for exercise you can do at home
- Joe Wicks is doing a live workout every day from 9.00-9.30
- Cosmic Kids Yoga have incredible yoga and mindfulness activities
- Go Noodle have lots of great videos for fitness, dancing and mindfulness
- Just Dance on youtube has lots of videos to teach you dance routines
- Languages online has lots of fun games to practice your French or learn another language!
Art and DT:
- Dyson Challenge Cards create a bridge, a marble run or even a chair and many more things using these challenges
- Artful Parent is full of exciting ideas for art that you can easily do at home
- Twinkl are currently giving free memberships to parents, you just need an email to create an account. It is a brilliant resource full of fantastic things!
- The Scouts have created over 100 activites you can do at home with minimal resources:
- BBC Live Lessons have lessons available for all subjects with resources with popular CBBC presenters leading them
- Primary Homework Help covers all subjects and gives lots of information
Below you will see some activity packs and extra resources. Also, I have posted a suggested timetable for activities you can do at home.
If you are in need of anything, please message me on Dojo.
Easter Holidays: over the Easter break, there will not be set work on Google classroom. Below you will find resources that you can use for fun activities over the break. Have a great holiday!
Resources for children with SEN: To provide support to parents of children with SEN who are not in school at the moment, Cornwall Council has compiled a list of resources, activities, links and documents that will help to continue the type of work and activities done in school. The resources are laid out in categories – some by school subject and some by SEN type. On the page you will also see email addresses for SEN support services – if your child or young person has received support from these services, please feel free to contact a service directly for extra support or advice.
You can access the page on Cornwall’s Local Offer via this link https://www.supportincornwall.org.uk/kb5/cornwall/directory/advice.page?id=cRd3GfZ1suc
The page is being constantly reviewed and updated so please keep checking for more resources and information.